Did you know there is a more efficient way to boost your magnesium levels? This new way to get magnesium is through our skin!
When magnesium is applied topically, the skin readily absorbs it, allowing the body to put it to good use. And, there are at least 5 benefits of this topical application!
Why Is Magnesium Important?
Magnesium is found in every organ in the human body. That’s not a coincidence either since it is a vital mineral that contributes to our health and well being through over 300 biochemical reactions.
It plays a huge role in breaking our food into energy, aids in the synthesis of DNA and RNA, helps calcium absorption, is largely found in our bones, and much more.
Unfortunately, it is very common to be deficient in magnesium. According to the World Health Organization, the majority of adult men and women in the United States do not meet the AI (adequate intake) levels of magnesium.
Due to it’s wide array of responsibilities, a magnesium deficiency can lead to different ailments including hypertension, osteoporosis, depression, tinnitus, asthma, migraines, inflammation, digestive issues, and more.
Boosting Your Magnesium Levels
There are different ways to supplement your magnesium levels; some are more effective than others.
- Food sources: Magnesium is gradually becoming less prominent in our food and water supply as it once was. Between filtration systems for our water and a decrease in the mineral content and health of our soil, supplementing your magnesium becomes very important.
- Supplements: Taking an oral supplement isn’t always effective because it must pass through the digestive track, and in some cases, the body does not have ample time for absorption.
- Topical Application: Luckily, the use of topical magnesium oil has been proved to show promise as a safe, effective delivery of this important mineral into the body. In fact, mineral baths are featured in ancient texts and were believed to provide great benefits.
5 Benefits of Topical Magnesium Application
#1) Better Sleep
As a natural muscle relaxer, topical magnesium truly aids in the body’s process to overall increase relaxation and decrease stress. Sleep is improved by calming the GABA receptors in our brain and nervous system, which ultimately helps us “slow down” and eventually experience restful sleep.
#2) Migraine Relief
The neurotransmitters responsible for the onset of migraine headaches is directly related to the level of magnesium in our bodies. And while suffering from one, our intra- cellular magnesium drops significantly. Therefore, regular supplementation has been proven to reduce the frequency of these attacks and sometimes the severity.
#3) Muscle Ache Relief
Due to magnesium’s relaxing properties, application of topical magnesium oil to sore joints and muscles can show improvement by lowering the level of pain associated. In addition, many studies have been conducted with athletes in particular. These all point to its importance in sport performance, as well as workout recovery. In other words, you do not need to be injured to reap the benefits that topical magnesium oil has to offer!
#4) Stress Relief
A lack of magnesium can cause stress, and stress can cause a deficiency in magnesium. Because of this vicious cycle, being sure to maintain sufficient levels of magnesium is crucial. Magnesium contributes to a healthy balance of hormones, especially the stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline.
#5) Skin Care
Stress-related skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea, are dramatically improved when focusing on the root cause of these issues: stress. And as stated above, magnesium plays a hefty role in combating the body’s reaction to stress. Additionally, topical magnesium can break apart different fats and oils, and while doing so, fight against excessive skin oiliness.
Other benefits of topical magnesium include:
- Helps regulate diabetes and insulin resistance
- Decreases blood pressure in those suffering from hypertension
- Aids in the prevention of osteoporosis
- Combats morning sickness in pregnant women
- Protects against brain damage in premature babies
- And many, many more!
For over 20 years, families across the U.S. have turned to Real Time’s lotions and creams for PAIN RELIEF YOU CAN TRUST®. From Lifestyle Essentials, through our Nujuvena line, to Pain Relief Formulas, Real Time has you covered.